Comply with the regulations of the Surveillance Cameras Act
The Surveillance Cameras Act (21 March 2007) and the new Belgian Royal Decree of 21/08/2009 determine the regulations for the installation, use, notification and registration of surveillance cameras. Infringements will cost you dearly with fines ranging from € 250 to € 1.000. So don’t take any risks.1. Observe the relevant directives for each location
Do you wish to install your cameras in an unenclosed place, an enclosed place open to the public or an enclosed place not open to the public? This is important since there are different directives for each location type. Ask A&E Security for advice.2. You are obliged to register your surveillance camera
You are obliged to register your camera surveillance system with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy. Do this on www.privacycommission.be
one day prior to commissioning at the latest. This electronic notification procedure costs € 25.
Tips for smooth notification
3. You are obliged to indicate your camera surveillance with pictograms.
- Click on ‘notification’ on the Home page.
- Click on ‘make a new thematic notification’.
- Click on ‘You are responsible for the installation and use of a surveillance camera in an unenclosed place’.
- Are you making the notification for one site? Then click on ‘notification to be made for one site under camera surveillance’.
The Surveillance Cameras Act states: indicate your surveillance cameras with a sign. Therefore hang warning pictograms at every entrance up to the area where filming takes place prior to commissioning.
The signs need to comply with the stipulations of the Belgian Royal Decree.Order your personalised pictograms at A&E Security
Complete this order form or call 050 45 40 10.More information? The Privacy Commission informs.FAQ about the Surveillance Cameras Act
Help with your notification: 02 213 85 98 or 02 231 85 40.